Facebook Twitter RSS Feed

Our Wedding

Our wedding day came and went so quickly.

Albert stayed at his parents house the night before our wedding, so I spent the night alone waking but I woke up with excitement.  The morning of our wedding, I went to the venue and decorated the room for a few hours with some family and friends which I absolutely loved and truly enjoyed.  I didn't feel stressed or nervous at all. When I got home I showered and starting getting ready.  Everything was going as planned with plenty of time and I felt good about everything.

Our pictures at the park were a little rushed since it took us awhile to meet with everyone and then find a good spot. I didn't get all the poses I wanted but we definitely made use of our hour at the park.

Quite a few things went "wrong" before the ceremony started but it didn't even phase me. The only things that were truly important to me were still absolutely perfect.

We had our wedding party walk out to "I gotta feeling" by The Black Eyed Peas which was really fun. I was not a bit nervous until right before I stepped out to walk down the aisle.  I knew this would be the moment that was most challenging for me. I'm not a person that likes the spot like on her and I knew I would have 65 people all staring at me.  When I get anxious I tend to do rush things and I knew I would practically want to run down the aisle to Albert, so I prepped my dad to make sure he knew to slow me down.

I walked down the aisle to "From this moment on" by Shania Twain. When I got to Albert he was shaking tremendously.  For a few seconds it really worried me, I thought maybe he was nervous about marring me and in that case we didn't need to get married.  But he made several gestures to connect with me and let me know how felt.  I then knew he was just feeling the same way I was feeling about all the attention on as, as we talked about this before hand, this was the one part he was worried about too. After that I was able to truly embrace the moment, he kept making loving gestures and I felt so much joy through out the ceremony.

My favorite parts of the ceremony was the Rose Ceremony when we incorporated Joel into the Ceremony symbolizing the three of us becoming a family. Also when we placed the rings on each others fingers and the kiss, of course.

After the ceremony we went outside to take some pictures together.  I felt a little anxious as I knew everyone was inside waiting for us.  As we ate our dinner everyone would come up to us and chat with us which I thought was perfect.  Albert and I got a little bit of time to connect and enjoy each other in between people coming up, instead of having to walk around and talk to everyone.

The speeches from the Maid of Honor and Best Man were done at the end of dinner.  My son and my dad spoke after them.  They were all so touching. I tried to not cry but of course I did!

Immediately after the speeches we had our first dance which was to "Amazed" by Boyz II Men. I will never forget it. Albert was extremely happy and I felt such intense love and joy.  It was absolutely perfect.

Besides all the serious stuff my favorite part was all the dancing.  We had the perfect DJ who taught all kinds of dances and even joined everyone dancing, getting people out of their chairs and really keeping the energy up and fun.  I really appreciate all the people who were dancing with me all night long.  It really made the reception fun for me and perfect! It was so important to me that the energy be about everyone celebrating our union and having fun rather than serious!

I'm sure i'm forgetting tons of stuff.  Wedding pictures coming soon.

P.S.  I LOVE being married to Albert and feel so lucky to be able to spend my life with him!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...