Facebook Twitter RSS Feed

Learning some more!

I purchased a book called "101 ways to promote your website". If anyone plans on learning along with me, this book might be a good idea. However, I will try and clearly explain everything as much as possible.

I would like to add to our list of things we will learn.

RSS (Real Simple Syndication)
Viral marketing
Landing Pages
Affiliate Marketing

I have been reading a bit on RSS feed. It is that button that you see on the top right of this blog, that says subscribe. What this will allow you to do is subscribe to this blog so that any time an update is posted you will be notified. There are also many other methods. For instance I could subscribe my myspace page to this blog through RSS feed. So everytime I post a new blog, My myspace page will also show the new blog post. This is getting a little more complex. You can learn about the multiple ways of using RSS Feed at www.feedburner.com. For now I am going to keep it simple.

I decided before we go on any further we need to find a product to promote. This will be our test dummy so to speak because we need to have a product to build a website about and to advertise. I would love for this product or idea we plan on promoting, to be something aligned with my interests. I am very passionate about growth and reaching our full potential (happiness, peace, etc.) as humans. We can learn everyday of our lives and not get close to learning everything there is to learn.

I also have a fascination with the mind and psychology, something along these lines would be ideal.

So to start we must come up with a problem that needs to be solved, then a way to solve that problem. Then we can do some keyword searches on the topics and see what is best.

I plan on having a list of possible problems tomorrow!

Good night,
Tiffany

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm liking your style Tiffany!

I didn't know that about the link between blogs and MySpace. I just haven't looked at the RSS thing yet, so I'm happy to be reading about it from your research.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...