Facebook Twitter RSS Feed

5 simple ways to make powerful affirmations that work

After working with affirmations myself for several weeks now I can tell you that they can be very powerful.

Remember every thought you have and thing you say you are affirming something to yourself.

Now lets make some powerful changes in your life, you are affirming things every second of the day as you think. Why not make sure those thoughts are helping you instead of hindering you!

Let's get started!

Here are 5 ways to have a powerful start with affirmations.

1) Write them in present tense.
- This one is very tricky. I suggest you write them all out and then have someone check them for you. I had created a list of about 100 affirmations and I double checked them. I then had someone else check them and they found several affirmations that were still not in the present tense! This is very crucial, you want to STATE THEM AS IF THEY ARE ALREADY TRUE!
Example - I will lose weight! or I will no longer eat unhealthy (WRONG)
I am losing weight! (OK)
I am at my perfect weight! or I enjoy eating healthy food! (PERFECT)

2) Write them with "feeling: words.
Anything that invokes emotion or passion when you state it or hear it will work that much better.
Example - I bought my own home (NON EMOTIONAL)
I enjoy living in my new home. I love my new home, it's beautiful! (EMOTIONAL)

3) Focus mainly on changes about yourself or perception
Example - Instead of saying something like "My house is organized" say " I am an organized person". Focus on you and your perception not your environment. If you would like to find a different job. Do not say " I found a new job." Say "I am making money doing something I love." or "I enjoy my job, my job is fulfilling and rewarding."

4) Record them in your own voice and listen to it daily
If you don't want to hear your own voice yet, there is plenty of software that allows you to enter text and they will create it for you. However it is much cheaper (could cost you nothing) to do it in your own voice. You can just make a short 5 minute recording at first and listen to it on your way to work.

Later you might want to record affirmations for different situations. I have different tracks, one for work (which I listen to before work), one for my relationships (which I try to listen to before I spend time with my boyfriend or even a lot of time with family), one for when I am on my way to the gym or I am hungry and craving fried food when I know I want to be eating something healthy, etc..

You can play with this but start out slow, don't overwhelm yourself or you might not end up doing anything at all!

5) Pick one main affirmation and write it everyday for 21 days.
This might seem small at first but it will make a huge difference. I will give you the first one I used. "I love my life". That affirmation has so much emotion behind it, it is very quick to write and say but is also very very powerful.

Write it 10 times a day for 21 days. Remember it takes 21 days to create a habit. You are not creating the habit of writing it, but the habit of your subconscious mind thinking it. That is our ultimate goal.



Remember don't worry too much about the details, I will show you ways to fine tune them later.

And remember as soon as you hear yourself thinking negative things, repeat one or two of your affirmations to yourself (doesn't have to be out loud). You want to affirm the good things and cancel out the negative things you think or say.

Just thinking the affirmations will change the way you see life.

Also you can leave a comment or message me if you have any specific questions.


"What we think, We become" - Buddha

2 comments:

Govindji Patel said...

I love the article and good information on how to train your subconscious mind.

Govindji Patel
http://www.gbpcentral.com

Heather Olson said...

HI Tiffany,
I love your post on affirmations. I have found that if I don't believe in my core that any given affirmation is possible, it is less powerful; for example, If I am 5'1" and 175lbs and I step in front of the mirror and say "I am 118lbs full of energy and I feel and look great" I may internally be saying "yeah right!" I find it more powerful to say "I am beautiful and more energetic everyday and I'm inclined to crave foods that help me achieve good health. My body is responding with vitality and muscle gain, while in turn burning unnecessary fat." A little wordy, but you get the idea, more importantly, it's something I can believe in.

Blessings and Light,
Heather Olson
http://lessonsforliving.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...