Facebook Twitter RSS Feed

Authenticity

As much and as hard as I have worked on being authentic and real, I still have more to go.

I notice that before I say or do things I think of the consequences, I change things, lighten things, etc. in order to manipulate what I think the outcome would be. And I am not talking about huge manipulations just minor ones.

Such as how to tell someone that I love that I need something from them. Instead of just telling them and asking them if they will do it, I find myself trying to convince them, or saying it in a way that would be more appealing to them.

This may seem like no big deal to most but to me it is. It is because if I can't trust myself to real I will never be able to trust anything anyone else is saying or doing. I am always questioning what everyones ulterior motive is.

On the same note trying to slightly convince someone of something is not trusting. Its the opposite of trusting, its try to force things. No matter how slight it is, it is still not trusting. And I intend to live my life and in faith and trust.

The concepts I refer to all the time are:
"Everything happens for a reason."
"Everything is perfect."

I am starting to truly live by these more and more and but as I said, I still got a little ways to go.

I am grateful for my growth and how authentic of a person I am now and I have no doubt that any of my "hidden" areas with have light shined onto them. It is my intention to live free and REAL.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...