Facebook Twitter RSS Feed

Juice Fast Day 5: Finally!

I woke up earlier than I would normally and felt okay for most of the day.  I actually had one of those fasting highs I have heard about.  I felt amazing this morning.

The last two days were the most difficult so I was very grateful for having some good moments.  It didn't last all day and I noticed I tend to be a little more "short fused" but it was definitely a little easier. I am looking forward to experiencing some more highs like that.  It was almost like the happiness a person who is buzzed from drinking alcohol gets except without my consciousness being altered.  It was a very clear high, I actually have not felt that good in a very long time.

I did have some difficulty breathing.  I have not taken any of my asthma medicine since I started the fast in hopes that my lungs would do some healing as well.  My Naturopath said that magnesium would help because it will relax the muscles around my lungs.  So, I took some of that in the morning and it worked like a charm until later that night after juicing I was wheezing really bad.  So, I gave in and took my inhaler.

I had an interesting experience that is probably doing to sound very weird to anyone who has never fasted before. I went to Fresh and Easy to find some all natural disinfective spray since it seems everyone in this house is sick and that is the last thing I need.  Going into a grocery store was not smart in the first place but as I was leaving the store my mind was completely somewhere else, and then I see this pizza... It felt like it smacked me in the face, it like consumed me and stopped me mentally in my tracks.  It was almost the way someone would feel if they see something shocking or painful (I'm not trying to be dramatic, just paint a clear picture) but it wasn't painful it just mentally took me over and it was so sudden.  It was a crazy feeling.  Of course, I didn't think once about buying or eating it but it sure took all my attention for a second.


Albert has been helping me do the juicing the last few days and I enjoy doing it together. Plus its a lot of work and a lot of clean up.  He pretty much just takes over which is very welcomed, juicing is a pain in the ass.

My sister is here from Oregon and we spent the day together.  I missed my sister and although we didn't do much I really enjoyed having her around.  She will be here for 3 more weeks which I am very happy about. I learned that she has done some fasting herself! Finally someone who can understand.

I spent some time with my friend Vicki today as well.  I didn't realize how far behind I was with all the wedding stuff.  These health issues have really taken a lot of time from me.  Hopefully this fast will really help me be on my way to completely being healed from ALL of it and can now move forward.  A few more tests and medications, and if no unpleasant surprises or news show up it should only be a few more weeks.  I will be glad to put this chapter behind me.


I had planned on weighting myself today since its Day 5 but I'm tired and I don't feel like it.  I'll do it tomorrow.  The weight really isn't all that important although I do expect to lose some and the more the merrier but it isn't my motivation. Although,  I do have to admit that if I don't lose much weight I will be disappointed.

On that note... I will be glad to eat again!

I'm half way there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...