Facebook Twitter RSS Feed

Surrender and discovering of lack of control in life.

 I think the subject of control over our lives is a paradoxical idea.

On one level you can not force someone to love you, you can't force a company to hire you, you can't force your body to be healthy, you can not make someone be in your life, you can make things workout the way you want, you can't force the car to work if its broken, you can't force your child to be who you want them to be, you can't force your parents to be you want them to be, etc. I'm sure you understand what I mean by this.

Although it may seem obvious but most people go through life trying to force things to be different every moment of their lives. I realized I had no control physical control over my life the other day when I was feeling overwhelmed and beyond stressed.  No matter how much I want my body to be healthy, I can't force it to be so.  I can take some actions and do my best to move in that direction but no one can FORCE their body to be healthy.

For example Cancer, AIDS, Heart disease, etc.  If you have these things you can take steps to getting better but you can't force the disease out of your body.

On top of that I realized once I am better and able to work again, I can't force my last job to allow me to work there and I can't force any other company to hire me. Whatever happens is what I have to work with.

However, the reason it is a paradox is because I do believe we create our reality with our thoughts and feelings. And I can control my thoughts and feelings therefore if these statements are true then we do have complete control over our lives.

Yet either way we can not FORCE things to be the way we want them.

And when things happen in our physical world the only control we have is how we respond to it, that is it.

My favorite quote by Wayne Dyer is "If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."

Also I started reading a book this morning which said summed all this up perfectly with "We can't change anyone but ourselves, and many of us die trying. I could be in charge of only one thing: what I harbored in my mind and the actions that followed."

Therefore I can't control what is happening or has happened but I can control how I respond to it.

I really needed that reminder.

Let's see how far I take it!

Lots of Love

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...